ONE Awards – Level 2 – Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders
This 10 hours course (5 hours guided, 5 hours self-learn) is accredited by ONE Awards (formerly known as OCN). There is an open book assessment to complete at the end of the course.
It is recommended that learners attend the awareness training before embarking on this programme of study or have some background experience living or working with individuals on the autism spectrum.
Whenever possible we engage guest speakers who are on the autism spectrum on this course to explain their unique personal experiences.
By the end of this course you will:
- Know the meaning of the term autism spectrum
- Know the effects this has on the individual on the autism spectrum
- Be able to support an individual on the autism spectrum using a variety of strategies and interventions
- Have the skills to be both proactive and reactive when dealing with some of the challenging behaviours which individuals on the autism spectrum have
- Monday 25th February 2019
- Wednesday 8th May 2019
- Thursday 12th September 2019
- Friday 6th December 2019
Times: 9.30 am – 2.30 pm
Venue: 16 High Force Road, Riverside Park, Middlesbrough TS2 1RH
This training can also be delivered to individual organisations at own venue
- Online booking: £95.00
- Invoice booking: £130.00 (please contact us to arrange this)
Refreshments, course materials and accreditation fee included
Following this training the learner can progress on to the following programmes:
- ONE Awards – Level 3 – Assessing for Effective Care and Support Planning for People on the Autism Spectrum and their Carers
- Behaviours that Challenge and the Autism Spectrum (Promoting Positive Behaviours)
- How to Provide Appropriate Social Information to People on the Autism Spectrum
- Identifying Autistic Traits
- Autism and Employment
- How to Write Care Plans for People on the Autism Spectrum
- Autism and Ageing – Who Cares?
All profits go to towards improving the lives of individuals and families on the autism spectrum.