Trustees have overall control of the charity and are responsible for making sure it’s doing what it was set up to do. They are the people who lead the charity and decide how it is run. Being a trustee means making decisions that will impact on people’s lives helping MAIN to making a difference to your local community and to society as a whole. Trustees use their skills and experience to support their charities, helping them achieve their aims.
1. Ensure your charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
2. Comply with your charity’s governing document and the law
3. Act in your charity’s best interests
4. Manage your charity’s resources responsibly
5. Act with reasonable care and skill
6. Ensure your charity is accountable
Emma joined the Board in 2016 and is a former employee of MAIN and comes from a strong administration background. Emma currently works as a Teaching Assistant at Ryehills School and lives in Redcar.
Vince joined the Board in 2015. He comes from a business background and has worked in the road haulage industry all his life where he has won awards for his innovative and creative business ideas. Vince lives in Yarm.