MAIN provides a specialist 1-1 service for adults and children with varying disabilities, but predominantly those on the Autism Spectrum. These sessions can take place in a variety of settings and allow the person accessing the service from MAIN to work towards their own agreed outcomes on a personal, 1-1 basis.
This service has been specifically designed to offer flexibility, choice and control to the person accessing it and ensures those who purchase a service from MAIN are being progressed through the work we undertake.
1-1 support or PA, is the fastest growing area of support MAIN offers and is completely bespoke to each individual. Staff who work on this service have the opportunity to see the impact first hand they are having on a clients development on a weekly/daily basis.
We are looking for dynamic, passionate, self motivating individuals to join our ever growing team offering 1-1 support in the community.
Staff who work on this scheme have the benefit of receiving enhanced training and development plans, have the flexibility to direct and manage their own workload, are given the opportunity to work on a wide range of diverse packages meeting the needs of the staff member and individuals ability level.
If you feel you have these key skills are are passionate about working for a small charity, then we want to hear from you.
To find out more about this service, please click here.
WHAT YOU NEED.
- Experience of working with disabilities, preferably of the Autism Spectrum, although this is not essential as full training will be given.
- Ability to engage with both children and adults.
- Ability to lone work following MAIN’s policies and procedures on keeping safe.
- Passion for disabilities and a engaging attitude.
- Understanding of personalisation agenda, health and safety, support planning, and able to work with company guidance, although full training will be given.
- Willingness to undertake a DBS check.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to plan own work load.
- Produce reports.
- Schedule activities in line with outcome plan for client with the client.
- Professionalism at all times.
AREAS COVERED: North East
HOURLY RATE: £7.50
HOURS PER WEEK: Zero hour contract
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com along with a completed Application Form
TRAINING: Full induction process is carried out for all new employees along with Autism Awareness training, Team Teach training (when available), Accredited Level 2 Understanding Autism Qualification, along with additional qualifications/training as identified within personal development plans.